Monday, December 15, 2014

Studio time

I am just dying for more studio time. But it's been very hard to find time during this busy season and on top of that I managed to completely trash my studio. I have a really hard time working in a big mess.
Our life has been in a big upheaval lately, so not only have I not had the time but the clutter had piled up, mentally and figuratively. When I have a mess in my house it's completely reflective of my state of mind. I need art therapy more than anything right now. 

This past weekend I did a little bit of entertaining.  Having a party is the best excuse to give yourself the time to clean house. I threw my 3rd Annual Favorite things party. So much fun. 
I had a dozen wonderful friends over to share my home and have some fun. It was amazing to have light and laughter back in my house again.  I feel like I'm ready to start fresh with this new year. And now my space is perfectly ready for winter break studio time. 4 more days! 
I can't wait!

Before:


After:


Snaps from the Favorite Things party :



My goodies; Legend Brown Ale, Twist Style earrings, Barefoot sparkling moscato, Andes mints, homemade chili lime almonds and sparkly earrings, waxed linen thread, and a Handmade Charlotte embroidery kit. We also had an ornament swap, and I got the fabulous sparkly peacock!


No comments: